Thursday, November 19, 2009

Surprise!

So what do you do when someone calls you and says "I'm from such and such appliances and we have a refrigerator to deliver to you" and you didn't buy one? You cry. Well that's what I did atleast.

Who bought it for us. I have know I idea.

How did they know our old fridge was on the brink of death? Maybe they've seen it.

So what do you do when someone calls you and says they are delivering you a new fridge? You clean out the old one, scrub the nasty floor underneath and get ready for the new one and do a little happy dance!

It is such a surprise, but yet it isn't. Because you know who is really behind it all? My Heavenly Father. Why should I be surprised when he knows our needs and provides for them, exactly how he says he will. It should come as no surprise at all that he does immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. And its not the first time I've been so greatly blessed. So why is it so surprising and overwhelming each time it happens?

It's because I am so like the Israelites. Delivered from the bondage of the Egyptians, yet grumbling and complaining and in fear, not seeing the hand of God providing water from the rock and food from the sky.

I've been repeating over and over, "God works all thing for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." That would be ALL things, not some things. I need to wipe clear my ideas of how I think God should work and trust completely in Him, no matter what.

So, thank you Lord for the beautiful refrigerator and bless those that have so greatly blessed me.

3 comments: