Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going places I dare not go...

or so I thought.

That's my husband up there. Our house needs another coat of paint.



See. There he is.


Now see the other side of that top window?


He thought it would be easier if I could hand him things while he is on the roof.

Anyone who knows me, particularly my husband, knows that I can't even stand at the top of a stair case and look down. So why on earth would he ask me to go up there?

He tells me I can do it. Okay. In my mind I'm rationalizing that it is right next to the house.

What I did not realize is that the arm needs to go straight up in the air first and then shakes back and forth, a good 100 feet up (atleast, don't you think?) like a crazy carnival ride!

Fortunately paint supplies were on one side of the bucket so we had to be squished together on the other side. That allowed me to stand behind him with my face smashed into his back and cling on for dear life. I peeked once but it was a mistake.

Thank goodness he could not get close enough to the roof to get out with out having me manually controll the gears from the truck so I didn't have to let go of him or take my face out of his back the whole time. Thank the Lord!

Painted the doors red. Two sides to go. Not sure if we'll make it before the snow flies!

1 comment:

  1. Oh your house is beautiful! I am glad I don't have to paint it though. Cool that you got a cherry picker for the job!

    ReplyDelete