Monday, September 21, 2009

How to be a sports mom....

Actually, it's "how to be a sports mom????"

So I can really care less about sports and I'm not the enthusiastic type so learning to be a great sports mom is a work in progress. I'm better behind the scenes doing the grunt work. I am managing to yell a few cheers at the boys but still feel self-concious doing so. Randy is the coach (they didn't have one last year so he stepped up to the plate this year). I was a little nervous about the whole thing seeing how he "cheers" for the Huskers..... especially the last few minutes of Saturday's game. But he was great.... no shortness of enthusiasm there! Wish I had a video camera to show him running up and down the side lines with the little boys following him. The game was great. It ended tied 14-14 but we lost in double overtime. It was a long HOT day.

My shots aren't too great as I have a no bells and whistles camera and had it on full zoom.

Alex is #3

Coach Dad




Notice Carter, #22 .... heads above the rest. He was the biggest kid for both teams.


My quarterback and defensive tackle... (actually I don't really know what they play but one for a big guy and one for a little guy.) Alex tackled a player that prevented a touch down.


Carter's tough guy face.

So here are some of my sports mom duties..... I could use a few tips here:
  • Cut boys' hair. Carter moves once and guard falls off clippers twice which results in a tough guy buzz cut.
  • Make sure everyone has clean uniforms and can find all pieces (need to work on this one)
  • Make salad and get meats, utensils, ice and drinks for tailgate party (hubby did say at time of tailgate "now you can get the idea so that next time you can be better organized", say what?! This will come back to haunt him a little later, but I graciously did not say a word.
  • Make extra treats to sell at concession stand to help team earn money for equipment.
  • Have house cleaned before game because of wedding consultation in my home after game.
  • Work concession stand for most of game.
Everyone is wiped after the game... including Lili.


One game down, five more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment